How can you tell the difference between a male and female shirt/jacket? i heard something about the buttons.?

Ive heard that boys butons are on the left and girls buttons are on the right.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

That makes me want to check my sweaters.... Well anyways there might be a tag on the clothing saying so,

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I've heard that too.. Also I heard they are made like that because women used to be dressed by servantss so the buttons were made to fastened from the other side

• 1 decade ago

mens shirts or whatever that has buttons, buttons from left to right... womans shirts and whatever else, buttons from right to left. (this direction is when you are wearing the piece of clothing.)

however, if it was on the rack then womans is from left to right and mens is from right to left..

you are correct it is in the button position.. i hope you get what i mean by wearing the clothing and seeing it displayed?!

• 1 decade ago

You're correct about the buttons, but the cut of the jacket is also a dead giveaway.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You are correct, boy buttons are on the left.

• zell
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Oh no, you would be stricken by Prosopagnosia. additionally generally happening a face blindness. you may attempt and positioned it off to diverse political comments, yet this may well be a condition you go through. type of like color blindness, yet slightly worse. or you're crammed with it.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

On a lot of garments its true.

• 1 decade ago

very nice! you answered your very own question! 10 points for you!(or me!!!)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.