How do I protect the data on my hard drive so that if the drive removed (stolen), data will be inaccessible?

I saw that you can use Microsoft's EFS encryption but it said files would be decrypted if moved off the drive. I am looking for a solution that will protect the drive if someone tries to mount it on another machine. Thanks!

Favorite Answer

Your best bet is a hammer and a hard surface. Take out your aggression on the hard drive and you won't have to worry about your data being compromised ;-)

encrypt it using a encryption software. Check out www.download.com for some free encryption software. but use them wisely as if you forget how to decrypt them you might end up in trouble.

or just run a magnet over the hard drive.set like a booby trap when someone tries to remove it the magnet falls ontop of the hard drive and thats it.

you beter give me 10 points for helping you dude

Hide them they cant see whats invisable. Right click on the folder select hide.

check out the link below...