Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

How do I protect the data on my hard drive so that if the drive removed (stolen), data will be inaccessible?

I saw that you can use Microsoft's EFS encryption but it said files would be decrypted if moved off the drive. I am looking for a solution that will protect the drive if someone tries to mount it on another machine. Thanks!

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Your best bet is a hammer and a hard surface. Take out your aggression on the hard drive and you won't have to worry about your data being compromised ;-)

• 1 decade ago

encrypt it using a encryption software. Check out www.download.com for some free encryption software. but use them wisely as if you forget how to decrypt them you might end up in trouble.

• 1 decade ago

or just run a magnet over the hard drive.set like a booby trap when someone tries to remove it the magnet falls ontop of the hard drive and thats it.

you beter give me 10 points for helping you dude

• 1 decade ago

Hide them they cant see whats invisable. Right click on the folder select hide.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

check out the link below...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.