Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

Does anyone else get to open one present on Christmas eve?

We decided to open one present today cos we have done quite well this year, do you think I should open a big one? a small one? or that oddly shaped one that's been bugging me?

Favorite Answer

YES I HOPE IT IS A NEW GUN.

We get to open packages of pajamas on Christmas Eve. Every year I start asking about a week ahead if we can please just open the presents now, but with no luck. I think I would open the oddly shaped one if given the chance because then it will stop bugging you. A big present hasn't always been what I wanted in the past so then you're stuck with something you don't like for a day. Also the bigger present usually went with some other packages so you can't really use it anyway until Christmas Day when you open the other presents.

Yes as a child we always opened presents from the immediate family on Christmas Eve, then the ones from people outside the family on Christmas Day, now that I have my own children, we try to follow this also, however this year we will be opening all gifts on Christmas Eve.

Happy Holidays...

I open presents from family members on Christmas Eve and then "Santa" presents Christmas morning. I have done it like that all of my life and I am now 19 and a mommy and I will do the same thing with my son this year.

• Nikki

Yay! Open a medium one.

Save the big ones for Christmas!

Tomorrow we're going over to my grandma's and our family swaps gifts. I'm so excited!!!!

In Belgium we open all our presents on Xmas Eve, it's the tradtion to do it on the 24th evening.

• High?

Not when I was a kid. I did, however, get to open my gifts whenever I got up....meaning if I went and woke my parents up at like 4:30am, I get to do all my gifts!!!

IT'S TRADITION IN OUR HOUSE. 1 PRESENT ON CHRISTMAS EVE. BUT IT'S USUALLY A SMALL ONE. THAT WAY THE BIG ONES GET FILMED ON X-MAS DAY.

i open mine just after 12 tonight. i think you must open the odly shaped one first.

took me years but yes now i do, and i normal choose the one thats been bugging me, rather then a another day of going hmmmmmmmmm.

Its a tradition for my family! But we can't pick it out, someone else has to choose it!