Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesOther - Arts & Humanities · 1 decade ago

I'm a creative person but I can't find much to do anymore, my mind is blocked, any suggestions?

I blogged for awhile, did some photography, creative writing, and now I'm just bored. Does anyone have suggestions for me?

Favorite Answer

Interact with other people. Do volunteer work at a local school, church, hospital,etc. Learn to speak a new language. Audition for a local play. Just a few things off the top of my head.

What about taking up Genealogy as a hobby. That will keep your mind going for a while. I'm still working on it and it's been 6 years since I started. there are also plenty of things to do, get a gaming system, play pogo games, go back to school, clean the house, run some errands, exercise, do volunteer work. help a neighbor. Hang out at the library.

Yes go and relax and laugh that works for me when I get burned out. Maybe it is a winding down time we all get those periods.

Try renting a DVD or a Video of Monty Python the Holy Grail, and or the Meaning of Life, those are two of the funniest films I have ever seen. I was literally rolling on the floor with a side ache from laughing so hard, and then after that I was raring to go in a couple of days. anyway hope I helped to kick start your engine.

Happy Holidays to you and yours

• take out a 50 page pocket note pad with white pages and a 8B pencil, have coffee at you favorite places and just jot down in quick 10 minute burst what you see around you like a spoon, mug, flowers, table or your hand, do this at random but daily, build up several sketch pad notes over a month or so, then you will start seeing things you never new where there.

and you will get inspired from simple things like an open sugar pack next to your coffee.

later you will go back to your notes and combine sketches together, building a larger work, later you will decide to make 24 larger works. A portfolio!

your on your way!

Try playing around on the web, learning web design/blogging, or even animation. You will develop good skills you can apply professionally and in promoting your own work. Whenever you are not busy with writing or photography projects, that is the BEST time to organize your work and post online. You almost HAVE to be blocked from anything else in order to concentrate on editing and organizing, uploading and formatting for the web.

See also:

http://www.zazzle.com (to market your work on items for sale)

http://www.lulu.com (to publish and sell your work online)

http://www.blender.org (blender, animation software)

http://www.craigslist.org (to network with other creative types)

Take all your work and create a website or blog. It will help you evaluate where you are and where you want to explore next.

Your experiments with many subjects shows that you are yet to find the subject of your creativity. First find what is your nature of creativity and continue that subject. A Creative person cannot stop his progress.

• Emmy

Oh, I know how that one goes. Too much of one thing just leaves you feeling blah.

Try painting. Even if you're lousy at it, it's a lot of fun, and very hands on, so you get very engaged in it. You could also try knitting or crochet, they're not nearly as hard as they look, and you can kind of choose how intricate and how long a project will take.

• cav

creativity is a gift and is not easily aquired, the great philosophers and inventors of the ages searched within as well as without, they discovered the nexus betwixt the two and this is what made them great, keep loking

I suggest finding a way to help people with real problems.If you are truely creative

Time to relax, daydream a little. Rejuvenate. Creativity will return.