Are speed of light equal to speed of sight? As when you open eyes to see farthest object your sight can reach.

Favorite Answer

It depends. There are many things that will effect how fast we see and object.

The difference in time the time it takes light to reach your eye will vary depending on the different distances objects are at in relation to your eye.

How well you recognize the object and the relative size of the object will effect how quickly you 'see' the object.

How quickly the muscles that bring objects into focus react will also effect this.

The pressure of the fluid in your eye will effect how quickly light passes through you eye and onto you retina. The higher the pressure, the denser the fluid; the denser the fluid, the slower light will travel through you eye.

The health of you nervous system effects how fast messages are relayed to you brain. Also your intelligence level effects how quickly your brain processes the information.

And actually as far as opening you eyes, the light that enters your eyes was already on its way before you opened them.

I hope that helps and isn't to analytical.

Sight comes from light from the source bouncing off objects and to your eyes, the only difference in time is the comprehension

So,,,,Nobody has an answer?

No matter how sharp your eyes, how quick your brain...when I see a star, was that yesterday or million years ago, excluding light are my thoughts faster. I am either stupid or do you guys know something I don't?

Telepathy is a wonderful treat, and that has no time barriers, it is instant, faster than anything you know,, so maybe you can answer my questions qithout having to type a mail@!

yes, because we see objects when the light falls on it then the light reflects onto our eyes, so the velocity of sight equals the velocity of the light

almost. you need to add to the speed of light the time your eye sends a signal to your brain and the time your brain needs to "understand" it.

Yes.