fly girl asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

I use 25 packets of Equal a day in my coffee (at least). It contains aspartame. Is this dangerous?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

ur...that sounds very unhealthy...you can try weaning yourself off of it - or switching to a natural sweetener...if you can handle sugar then you could try stevia - is sweeter than sugar and all natural, it does taste different so you might need to get used to it first...I think your body will thank you for it even if your tastebuds intially protest...

• 1 decade ago

Aspartame is a chemical, and, as safe as some clinical trials suggest, I would be hesitant before putting that much of a single compound in my body on a daily basis. There is some evidence of carcinogenic properties in lab settings, which usually involve subjecting animals to huge doses of a chemical until they get cancer.

All things being equal, sorry, I would seriously rethink my dietary habits if I were you. If you are not using Equal for a medical reason (diabetes), why not just switch to sugar? You will probably be using less of it, and at least presenting a compound your body knows how to digest.

• Lynn K
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

http://www.sweetpoison.com/aspartame-information.h...

This website says aspartame is really poisonous. I've hear really bad things about it. A friend is a pilot, he and his fellow pilots were told by their employer that they were to treat aspartame like alcohol and not drink anything with aspartame in it before they flew. Scary, huh?

• 1 decade ago

I've been told it can damage your liver. Everything sugar-free has aspartame in it. I guess it's worse for children because they are devloping. So based on that, I don't give my children anything containing aspartame.

Source(s): Friends and family who are in the medical field.
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

It should be taken off the market- it is considered a neurotoxin =- gives many people headaches,dizziness, visual disturbances, memory loss, confusion- that is more than enough-and at body temperature in the body it is like embalming fluid=D

• Nicole
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

I know that it's not good for you, but i've read that it doesn't do any serious damage unless you are pregnant. Children can't handle it or something. Sorry no detail..

• 1 decade ago

I'm not a doctor, or nutritionist, but I have common sense... YES. It is dangerous to your health.

• 1 decade ago

I know that aspartame has been known to cause cancer in labrats

• 1 decade ago

That is way too much, have you tried Spenda? Tastes like sugar.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

yes, anything that is excessively consumed is harmful to the body

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.