Regarding Camcorders: What's better a DVD or a MiniDV (tape)?

I just bought a panasonic camcorder that uses a DVD. But I don't know if the quality of it is better than a Mini DV.

Please let me know which one's better.

Favorite Answer

If you plan on doing any editing at all with your video, definitely get a MiniDV. Panasonic has a lot of great ones at the same price range you paid for the DVD one. IF you do edit, you will need to get some editing software. I would suggest Pinnacle Studio 10. This is about $100, but there have ben advertisements lately for between $40 and $70. You will need to have an IEEE1394 or Firewire port on your computer in order to download the video to the computer. A card should cost no more than $30. If you don't want to add a port to your computer, there are other add-ons to make this happen. You can buy a product called Dazzle, this will sometimes have an older version of Pinnacle Studio inside, it too will cost about $100.

If you are just going to shoot video and do nothing with it, the DVD is fine then.

• DAR

If you want to edit I understand you really need a DV. The DVD is more for just preserving the video as is. I don't know why, that is just what I was told.

I like the dvd better..

you will optimal probably % conversion application for the HD format on your laptop. it may desire to have comprise the digital digital camera. in case you have sixty 4 bit Vista, even the appliance wont paintings. I had to furnish my digital digital camera decrease back.

Mini DV is better.