Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureHolidaysChristmas · 1 decade ago

Do you celebrate christmas because of the birth of christ or just for no reason?

dont you think people dont remember what christmas is about?? the celebration of the birth of the son of god? or are we just worshiping the oh mighty dollar?

• Favorite Answer

It's just a big party, man...

I celebrate for te BIRTH OF CHRIST!! But everything else with the christmas tree and all that jazz has caused Christmas to become so commercial!!! I don't like it very much soon our grandchildren will only care about the presents in the future!! I hope that people stop worrying about "What am I gonna get" and ask "Why do we celebrate Christmas!!!

i will have to agree we are just worshiping the almighty dollar instead of worshiping Christ. just look at our PC world today people call it like to remove Christ from Christmas. it doesn't make any sense why people are so offended. what if i went to a country that the majority is Islamic. I say you shouldn't pray at sunset in public because it offends me. does that make any sense? i mean if i was Jewish i think celebrating a different holiday than the majority would be cool.

i think its cool being different. people just need to chill out sometimes.

i have read scientific documents that Jesus was actually born in June not December. December 25 was a celebration by the Romans for renewel.

We will never know unless we go back in time.

I celebrate Christmas because of family. Decorating the tree, writing christmas cards, and wrapping presents add to the holiday spirit, but really isn't necessary.

I celebrate the holiday because the tradition was passed down thru the generations. I try to remember the real reason for the season. The gift giving part is a bonus.

I celebrate the incarnation of God and this one piece of the redemption of God's people. It breaks my heart to see poor people doing the best they can to purchase items for their loved ones. I dislike the stress it causes on individuals and families and the depression brought on by the idea of the "perfect" Christmas. I love Christmas but I am begining to like Thanksgiving better because it lacks the commercialism and capitalism. Pax!

Christmas is all about the birth of Jesus Christ, although the family time and presents are nice additions.

Hah, I agree. Jesus IS the real reason for the season. That's catchy. I celebrate christmas for the birth of jesus. Merry Christmas Eve to you! :D

me and my family celebrate christmas because of the birth of jesus christ and there should not be another reason it should celebrated.

its all about getting togather with the familys going to the church and celebrating the birth of christ, and giving out the gift's

Some people may have forgotten--let's remind 'em! Or, maybe some have never heard the Good News--let's tell 'em! Joy to the world, the Lord is come!

Merry Christmas! : ^ )