Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 decade ago

Is it ok to do...?

Is it ok to do ANYTHING a girl says? My girl friend asks a lot of me, emotionally and physically, I really love her and can tell she loves me, but is it ok to do anything and everything she asks me to do without hesitation? Is it bad to not put my foot down every now and then?

Favorite Answer

It's ok if you want to keep doing it for the rest of your life.

There is a difference between putting your foot down because she makes an unreasonable request, and putting your foot down just to make you feel like a man. If your girlfriend is making reasonable requests, and you have no ground for refusing, then it probably isn't an issue.

If you're really worrying about it, then talk to her. Relationships are a two-way street, and I'd hate to think you're stewing over something that can be resolved by talking to your girlfriend...

Use ur own thinking and common sense and most importantly ur brain. If u think that something she asks u to do is ok for both of u then u should do it otherwise dont. Explain to her why u wouldn't do anything that is unethical and wrong. If she really loves u she'll defintely understand and dont put ur foot down every now and then it may hurt her.

If you feel the need to put ur foot down then do so. If u keep up what ur doing she will walk all over you.

No, it's not healthy. You need to implement your own ways and beliefs into everyday life or you'll wind up being someone else's robot.

It's great that you love her so much, but ask yourself; "can I live the rest of my life like this?" Don't give in to this behaviour. It's unhealthy for both of you and unhealthy for your relationship because one day, someday, you'll snap!

God Bless and thanks for reading.

• Bliss

Do you enjoy the relationship as it is right now?

There are people who find lots of joy and pleasure in submitting to the will of another person.

All that matters is that you are both happy and fulfilled.

It is actually bad for you to blindly follow whatever your girlfriend tells you to do. You need to keep some individuality or your relationship will suffer.

• CSA_NP

That's how they walk all over you.

Some things she asks of you are ok but not everything.

But that's just me.

Do what you feel you think is the right thing to do.

Wow, u really are something! u can't just always do what she asks, i mean oneday u will be totally controlled by her, and she will never let u runaway.. so sometimes tell her "NO" just in case of not spoiling her.

You shouldn't have to do everything she wants just like she shouldn't have to do everything you want. It's not a healty relationship. You should be able to say no as should she.