How to wear a crochet shawl?

I received a crochetted shawl-type garment for Christmas, but I'm unsure as to how to wear it. It is a one piece oblong shape, folded over at the top. One side is completely open, while the other is closed, with the exception of a smallish hole (more armhole size, not neckhole.) There is fringe at the bottom. It would not be symetrical if I wore it as a typical shawl/poncho, and would have the seem running up the front.

Any tips would be EXTREMELY helpful! Thank you!

• ?
    Favorite Answer

Why don't you ask who gave it to you.Say you never saw one like it, mention how nice etc.it is.

• Star

Got a pic? I can't quite picture it, but it sounds like it could be a wrap rather than a shawl.

Source(s): Been wearing (or hiding!) Mom's crocheted clothes since birth

Why would you want to?