DKS asked in Home & GardenGarden & Landscape · 1 decade ago

Horticulture?

Which plant/vegetable can grow under mango tree.

Favorite Answer

I have seen PAPAYA growing beside Mango and also Under the Mango.

I have one growing in southern victoria and it does actually get a fair bit of light under it. Usually I have annuals growing underneath it and it looks quite good. Being so far south it will never get fruit and we only have it because my sister planted a seed when we were young and shocked us all by getting it to grow. Its fairly big now and having bright things like impatients and cyclamen under it contrasts well with the green of the tree.

shade loving plants can grow under it. if you want black pepper which is a creeper it can grow. it will climb on the branches and give u black pepper in 2-3 yrs. if you are talking about flowers then anthuriums and orchids will do fine or a combination of pepper as well. there are many still it all depends on how big and huge your tree give detail information

• bill g

anything that can tolerate shade and is conducive to tropical conditions . ana merry Xmas .