Breaking causes problem to get the car going again, car keeps jerking when I push the gas pedal?

Hi - Yesterday, after stopping at the light, I had a hard time getting my car going again. I kept pushing the gas pedal and it felt as though the gear was on neutral. It took about a minute and lots of pushing the gas pedal to get it going again, but the minute I had to break the same thing happened again. What could possible be the matter and approximately what would be the cost to get it fixed? Thanks -------- iman2003@sbcglobal.net

• k dog
    Favorite Answer

c/k trans fulid

Assalam wa alaikom sister.

Id say it sounds like your transmission is slipping, this might be a big deal, it could be as simple as you are low on transmission oil, or to a whole transmission rebuild.

No one on here is going to be able to tell you what exactly the problem is. Have it checked out by your local mechanic habibi =)

Salaam!

Yeah...what LeAnne reported. yet besides would nicely be undesirable or incorrectly gapped spark plugs and/or undesirable spark plug wires, defective emissions equipment, damp or damaged ignition elements, clogged gasoline filter out. ought to also be a clogged catalytic converter.

my old taurus did this, it was the tranny slipping, may just need an adjustment, phone around and see who's the cheapest to take it in to get it looked at.