How do you tell your mom you wanna see a therapist?

My mom is the kinda mom who makes a big deal about almost everything! I want to see a therapist badly, but I just dont know how to tell her

• Favorite Answer

i told my mom i wanted to see a therapist, and explained that i need help. Tell her that it is great to have her there to talk to, but you need to get some things off your chest. Hopefully, you Can be open to your mom and tell her, because the sooner you get help, on whatever you need the better you are. Best wishes, merry Christmas!

God bless

p.s be calm, and rational about it, and set her down, to let her know that you are serious, get her FULL attention!

• cate

I am a mom. I have also been a daughter. I never told my mom about my problems but I'd like to think my sons could tell me.

I'm pretty sure if my son told me he wanted to see a therapist I would want to know why (if I had not guessed he had a problem already)

If you think she would 'make a big deal' of it and not let you say what you wanted to then write her a letter- that way she reads all you say before talking to you.

I think you do need to tell her a little about why you need this help.

Good Luck

Mum,I think that I should see a therapist.

Just tell her that you have some things that you need to work through and you think therapy will help you. Assure her that it has nothing to do with her (even if it does).