a friend needs free windows '98 ops installation download?

Favorite Answer

Windows 98 is very very old OS. . . If at all possible, you might want to go to Wal-Mart and buy Windows XP Home Edition with Service Pack 2 in it. It'll be just a little over 100 bucks, but it's well worth it.

See, normally I would suggest downloading an illegal copy. But windows 98? Be serious. Only way you can retain a copy of that is ebay. Microsoft doesn't even support it anymore (which is dumb, why wouldn't you support a system you made, no matter how old it is...)

Anyway, you could ask a friend who bought it before. I know my uncle had a copy, still in the box a few months back, I laughed my *** off. I guess people really do save it for a reason.

Sorry I couldn't be of much help.

As a last resort, call up Microsoft, ask them for one, I'm sure they've got some ancient copies they'd love to get off their hands....

You can do better than that...... 98 is old hat.... get upto date.

download linux from www.opensuse.com that is free and comes with every software package you will ever need

Source(s): www.linux.org/dist - www.opensuse.com www.novell.com

There's no way to legally do that. I can think of only one reason to even want to but even that is foolish. Maybe you can find someone to give you their old copy.