Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 decade ago

Do you think women/men should be allowed to sell sex legally?

I would like to ask why it is illegal for women and men that are of age to get paid for sexual functions? I say that as long as the partners are of age and consent and of course are deemed disease free their should be no reason they should not get paid for services.

Favorite Answer

They are afraid that some guy will pay a woman for sex, then leave his wife!

Probably the biggest problem with this is sexually transmitted disease.

A man can visit a prostitute, and then go home and spread disease to his wife. When one imposes the results of risky behavior on an innocent, unknowing third party, we do need protection.

I for one think, that if we were to accept sex as an industry, and impose some health restrictions, that I would have no particular problem with commercial sex.

No. And what is "deemed disease free" when they are back at it 15 minutes after being tested? There is no way they can't be carrying diseases.

I'm from Nevada, and with the proper licenses, they are allowed to here! So if you're thinking of it, get an AIDS test and come on over!

They do. It is called marriage. Try to get some if you don't pay for the food, rent, heat lights, toys, jewels, car, vacations. It isn't going to happen. Marriage = legalized prostitution.

Source(s): History

i agree with you. sadly there are tons of young women and men giving it away for free and deeming themselves sluts, might as well make some money off of it. as a personal decision, id never do it..but hey, supply and demand, you have some vagina...someone needs it....need i say more?

hmm.....that's a hard one. I believe each person has a right to decide what they want to do with his or her own body. You would never catch me doing it though. Just not my cup of tea.

Selling of sex is not allowed because it is against the law and morals.

I agree. It would cut down on crime and raise the public health (hygiene) standards.

They have it like that in Germany.

i agree like george carlin said "selling is legal, f***ing is legal, so why isnt selling f***ing legal? why is it illegal to sell something that is perfectly legal to give away?"