chatterella asked in SportsHockey · 1 decade ago

I remember the theme song for the Pittsburgh Pirates being, "We are family", but what about?

the song "We are the Champions?" which team and what sport was it associated with?

Favorite Answer

The "We are family" (Sister Sledge) song was used by the Pirates in the mid 70's and was made popular as their song by Willie Stargell. It was a reference to the team unity and "Pops" knew how to rally the troops.

As for "We are the Champions" (Queen) is wasnt originally written as a sports song but now just about any sports championship won the song can be heard after the victory. It was released in Oct 1977 and was almost immediately heard in college and pro football stadiums after home team victories. It was released a a "B" side to "We will rock you" single but hit number 1 almost immediately and since football was in full swing they were the first to pick up on the theme.

the Montreal Canadiens Hockey, Stanley cup Titles from 1976-1979.

• mast

So particularly that's a music that's performed 5 situations a month presently? besides, the lyrics themselves are: "Take me out to the place the Pirates play seize the attractions, cheer the performs, sense the attention of the day previous to this Centerfield, grand slams, followers and Cracker Jack Crowd cheers, i do no longer care if I ever get returned I pay attention to the activity with my radio on Clap alongside to the rhythm of a Bucco music 2 aboard, complete count quantity with no one out Stomp your ft, line tension anybody shout Root, root, root for our abode group a sparkling Pirate era anybody shout, "enable's go Bucs!" With each slide there will be Pittsburgh satisfaction on the ol' ball activity anybody shout, enable's go Bucs! go the bridge, during the gate to the sector of green old and youthful memories instructed out of your adolescence dream Pops, Wagner, Traynor, Maz, and heroes yet to be named great seize, grab hits like Clemente performed I pay attention to the activity with my radio on Clap alongside to the rhythm of a Bucco music 2 aboard, complete count quantity with no one out Stomp your ft, line tension anybody shout Root, root, root for our abode group a sparkling Pirate era anybody shout, "enable's go Bucs!"" additionally, in accordance to Paul Meyer, who does a stable set of pirates Q&A and is a author with the positioned up-gazette, "It replaced into written and developed through the Pirates' in-activity entertainment group and an outdoors business enterprise."

that was back in the mid 70's when they was winning many game.when one players was having a bad game it seemed like another team memeber picked them up...that song we are family was a big somg at that time also..if i remeber rith it was made my Percy or Sister Sledge

Source(s): and the Song We AreChampions is played at every Championship ..now a days that was by "Queen"
  • todd s

not sure sorry