How do I stop an energy saving light bulb flashing when "off"?

I have just changed to energy saving light bulbs and one of them flashes approx every 3 mins - when the light switch is off. From another answer I understand that the wiring may be a problem. How can I tell the difference between the "live wire" and the "neutral wire" and why does it only matter... show more I have just changed to energy saving light bulbs and one of them flashes approx every 3 mins - when the light switch is off. From another answer I understand that the wiring may be a problem. How can I tell the difference between the "live wire" and the "neutral wire" and why does it only matter with new energy saving bulbs?

If the wiring is not the problem could it be something to do with the fact that I live on the top floor of an apartment block and the roof above me is a spaghetti mess of electrical wires all powering airconditioning units?

FYI - I am based in Mexico