Is there really is such thing as free speech?

I have written to every radio station in TV station newspapers within 50 miles. But no one will take interest enough to put my story and print or on the news.

In United States would like to have a law change, the law call the deadbeat dad law the deadbeat dad law was designed because man who did not want to pay their child support. Even if they could afford because all their own reason. In 1989 to become disabled in 1993 was divorced during the time of the divorce was in the hospital. I was charged $192 a week for child support. With no income. I tried for years to change it. But as in many states, you can not go retroactive back on child support payments have been taken off. I know not the only one in a situation here in the same situation, not willing to help, please e-mail me or leave a message like in contact thank you very much.. added :: because of owing child support. I can I get my passport this to needs to change. FAST

Favorite Answer

People confuse free speech with the idea of being heard. You have a right to say almost anything you want - but you don't have any right to mass communication. If you want to buy an advertisement space in the NY Times for example, you can say what you want (within their editorial guidelines). If you want to run off flyers and distribute them yourself, you really can say anything you want, provided you do not incite hatred or contravene other laws.

The important thing about the free speech protection is that you can say whatever you want without fear of arrest - there is no guarantee about how you will get your message out, or if anyone will listen to you.

Unfortunately, the Bush administration has tried very hard to curtail free speech. You cannot attend Republican rallies wearning T-shirts with anti-war slogans; you cannot protest within a mile of any venue at which the President is appearing. While the Supreme Court advised the administration that their so-called "Free Speech Zones" contravene the first amendment, they continue to enforce these zones. Aside from these blatent challenges to our basic rights, free speech endures in America - but we must continue to defend it, or it WILL be taken away.

Commercial speech is what you start about when it comes to media, nobody ever said that was free speech.

Not to forget its about money. This case does not seem to be something the entire nation will care about, or something that even I would keep my radio on for.

Easiest is, set-up a payment plan ,so that they don't take your stuff, and try to build up a life. The government can only impound a certain percentage of your paycheck if you are unable to pay.

And i'm sorry to tell you, not being able to pay.... thats a poor reason not to take care of your children. (it sounds harsh I know, but when it comes down to taking care of your children, money plays a big role) So if you look at it from that angle the law is alright, however just as with everything, there are exceptions. You say you wish to pay, but are just unable to, then you are the innocent bystander, and I feel for you if its that. 800 p/month for your child, and for your childs mother to take of the your child... that doesn't sound unfair.

No, the only place you have freedom of speech is in a government building and even then watch what you say oh yeah you have freedom of the speech because you are an American. this country simply sucks these days. our amendments are slowly being taken away and its Americans like you is why this is happening. take up a public protest instead of asking a question on line

• beez

Radio and TV stations are not the place to resolve your problem. Go back to the family court judge who ruled on this and explain your situation.

Even In the US there is no such thing as real free speech, but the closest thing we have is the internet. I like your idea for a law, and I think you should try everything to get it out there. Try opening a blog or using wikipedia to promote it.

• Buff

This isn't about free speech....try living in a country where you really have no freedoms.

This is about persistence.....YOU can do it!! Where there is a will there is a way....it is in the way that you say it, present it and what avenues you pursue to reach your goal.

I think what you are trying to do is something that very much needs to change in this country. Best wishes and my prayers are with you!

Deam man that sucks i wish I could help but those child sopport laws are very strict the only advice i could give you is to talk to a lawyer

It's not that easy to be published in a newspaper or on the radio. That's what blogs are for. Try that.

yes...in north America whe have the freedom of speech. if you swore in the story I garentee thats why they wouldn`t take it...radio staitions can`t swear onair because they could offend someone and get sued. try posting your story on www.stories.com or try contacting your local news staition.

Source(s): i work for CJay92
  • IMHO

There is only free speach until it imposes on someone else's rights. That's where freedom ends. Peace.