A question for all?

Why do some people write answers in the form of a very long essay when answering questions?

I ask this because sometimes I have to scroll down the page a long way just to read other answers. It gets a little annoying at times. Am I the only one who notices this in this way?

Favorite Answer

because the question is either very broad, or the answer is very important, or they copied it straight out of wikipedia without giving credit.

you pick.

• ?

Well, you see...some answers are very complicated, and many people like the President of the United States, for example, are extremely inarticulate so that they can not answer anything in the shortes or simplest or most efficient way possible and then again some people just want to BASK the querent in thier light and wisdom of the deep pool of knowledge from whence they come, and they just go on and on with all the minute datils, and then others may just be sarcastic preachers of the Glorious and Most Holy run on sentence and whoah, there you have it.

If I were answering just to get two points, I would give a short answer and answer many more. I do not answer for points. I can care less about them or about thumbs up or down. I am not here to win a popularity contest or to make my name known. I am here for one reason only...to point to my LORD Jesus Christ and a right relationship with Him as the real solution to our problems. I have seen this work many a times just recently and I am sure you may have seen the name changes in several people here...changes from "no one cares about me" or something like that to things like "Jesus loves ME"

These changes have come about instantly...the moment they trusted Jesus for salvation. See how below

Because that is the best way for some folks to get their opinions

heard. They simply wish to try and validate their answer.

Well, mostly because they have a lot to say,

i've gotten long answers before

right now i wouldnt read them due to m tiredness, but i usually do

Some questions have complicated answers.

Either they have a lot to say or they're just cutting and pasting an encyclopedia article.

this is exactly what i've asked the muslims.

i dont think people have the time to read the entire thing..also it becomes depressing when it is so often repeated.

• angk

Some questions need explanation.

Then again, some people copy and paste.

I'll go with the one about not being able to condense it all down.