i want to know how long my father will live healthy?

he just found out he has cancer . its in his colen,and kidneys,they are going to take 1 kidney,next month.i would like to know what i can to support him in anyway i can,,he wont ask.

Favorite Answer

Nobody really can say how long someone has to live, it would only be speculating.However youcould be supportive to your father by just being there for him when he needs you. Perhaps doing errands and going to the doctors with him. I found that going to the doctors appointment with my father meant very much to him. What ever you can do for your father will be appreciated and will show your love for him. Don't worry I'm willing to bet he knows how much you love him! Take care .

Let him know how you feel about him and stay positive around him, you don't need him to be too worried about his children. I would recommend praying for him, and make the most of your time together. If you plan for a short time, you can say and do what you need to just in case. Then if he beats the cancer and lives longer than the doctors expect you will appreciate the "extra time" you will have with him. Remember cancer is very hard to predict, there is always a good chance he will pull out of this and beat it! Doing the operation is a positive step, the doctors wouldn't do this if there was no chance of improvement.

Source(s): Lost my father to cancer 3 month's ago- He lasted longer than the doctor's expected.

Try to make him as comfortable as you can. It can not be easy having cancer of any kind. After the sergery, and when he goes home, you'll have to change the bandage and wash the wound untill it heals. The doctors may be able to remove the cancer and yet they may not be able to. Good luck with everything.