Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Do you check back your answers to see if people gave it thumbs down or refuted it in their answer?

Update:

tracy whats wrong? :)

20 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Always. I like to see how my answer or question was received

EDIT

Often times I will edit the answer also, correct spelling, word arrangement etc.

Clear speech is a major part in the communication process.

Peace

Source(s): 'martin h', You really never do that?
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

While it doesn't really matter . I did check for a while. but have answered so many now that it takes to much time.

If I have some Idea of what the questioner wants . I sometimes read the answers that are already there to get a better idea of to say. a memory jog.

• 1 decade ago

Usually (not for the thumbs down, but to check if I get refuted), disproving and proving religious beliefs is quite challenging and fun. I enjoy reading and answering the serious questions posted here (although "proud to be muslim", you're "questions" {usually just tidbits of info you post from the Qur'an and say its irrefutable truth} are quite childish and accomplish nothing but starting fights).

• 1 decade ago

didn't have to...once I got violated for responding. The (questioner) girl said she wasn't pregnant but wondered how long she should grieve over a lost fetus. I said "what"? and got violated...geez....cause "I guess" someone misread.

Frankly I don't care if someone refutes an answer or not, I've been around for a long time and provide answers from real life, and I'm a consultant, so if they think I'm wrong then they better think again.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

i haven't intentionally checked my answers for the thumbs up or thumbs down. i have gone back to previous answers a couple times to see who got the best answer when i thought i provided a decent answer to the person's question.

• 1 decade ago

Yup. I can tell when I'm right about something by how many thumbs down I get. People seem to prefer to be flattered by pleasant sounding lies than to be told the truth.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes I do, I answer a lot of questions on race relationships and I answer honestly and love to see how many people call me a racist when I speak unpleasant often harsh truths.

• ?
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Yes I do. A little food for the ego here and there. I try not to take any of it seriously, but it is an interesting thing.

• 1 decade ago

No. I don't check them because I really don't care what anyone

else thinks of what I've said. I don't try to offend anyone unless

they ask for it. My answers are my opinions and it does not

matter to me if someone else doesn't agree with me.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes. I am interacting with people here, not simply holing up in the house and "Geeking Out"!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.