Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 decade ago

Do opposites really attrack?? in relationships??

Favorite Answer

opposites attract yes, but it usually ends up being a short term relationship. Because really, once the novelty wears off, the two of you don't share common interests.

Trust me! opposites do attract.....for a while, and then you wake up,and realize how different you are. Once you get to the point when start talking about the FUTURE. Then you will start to see some opposite tendencies that you would NOT be able to live with. Opposite family values, morals, financial issues,...etc, if these kinds of issues are opposite, you better enjoy it while it last.

I need a leftist progressive or a democratic socialist. On politics, they can't be the "opposite" of me. I refuse to sleep with Republicans. Even a moderate Democrat would be a turn-off.

yes n no

its like law of natures poles of magnet repel so likes cant get along with each other

but then there is something common still that both the poles are magnets

so what i mean is yeah opposite make lovely pair.... but they need to have some common ground.... one might be talkative one complete listner.... one might be dominant and other a sub lol

but thn may things like they ought to like same music or movies or similar things.... they need to somewhere like to do something that they can do together

yup, i dont like anyone whos very similar to me. ive got a best friend who is quite the opposite of me.u can learn alot of things from ppl who r opposite from u.i used to be very self-centred and i dont care at all about others.but she, being a loyal and caring person has taught me to love others and she learn to not trust ppl and gossips easily

.

when we order nasi lemak( rice cooked in coconut milk serve with egg, anchovies and chilli mixture pounded and fried in oil).i gave her the egg yolk and some of my rice coz i dont really like them, unlike her.she in return, gave me the egg white, anchovies and chilli mixture which i love(yum!!) which she dislike.

ther are many other things where we r opposite to each other.of course, sometimes we had a small quarrel due to our difference in opinions.but that is what makes us best friends.havent u heard

"a friend thinks that friendship is over after a fight but a true friend thinks that some arguments are necessary for an everlasting friendship".lol

• Jay S

I think for the most part opposites attract. I don't believe in match.com really. I think people need to have some things in common to be compatible, but not everything.

Not really. There are men who like men and women who like women. But it's better to be attracted to the opposite.

Yes, its law of nature. The living creatures can not survive without attraction to opposite sex, not only in human being, in all the creatureas as well.

They do and sometimes they don't. It's all a sense of balancing each other. If you're very much alike and you like each other...that's good. But if you're very different... like you need him and he needs you in ways that you two'd understand, then yes, opposites do attract. It's like an equation...you're different variables but you're congruent or equal to each other.

• Nikki

Yes some do. But it is good to have a few things in common so you both can relate.