What does the world "definition" stand for?
- Anonymous1 decade agoFavorite Answer
explain the meaning of a word and or concept (and answering this question just put me into level 7 - yeah yeah yeah yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!).
- Anonymous1 decade ago
def·i·ni·tion /ˌdɛfəˈnɪʃən/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[def-uh-nish-uhn] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun 1. the act of defining or making definite, distinct, or clear.
2. the formal statement of the meaning or significance of a word, phrase, etc.
3. the condition of being definite, distinct, or clearly outlined.
4. Optics. sharpness of the image formed by an optical system.
5. Radio and Television. the accuracy of sound or picture reproduction.Source(s): www.dictionary.com
- 1 decade ago
I'm interested too
Let's give a definition for the word "daffynition", shall we?
A daffynition is a pun format involving the reinterpretation of an existing word, on the basis that it sounds like another word (or group of words).
alarms: What an octopus is. (all arms)
bigamist: An Italian fogbank. (big-a-mist)
dockyard: A physician's garden. (doc yard)
dynamite: To take a flea out to dinner. (dine-a-mite)
impolite: A flaming elf. (imp-alight)
innuendoes: Italian suppositories. (in-you-end-os)
oboe: An English tramp. (hobo)
paradox: Two doctors. (pair of docs) OR Where one ties two boats. (Pair of docks)
pasteurise: Too far to see. (past your eyes)
propaganda: A gentlemanly goose. (proper gander)
shrewd: A rude shrew. (shrew + rude)
shrink: An ice-skating shrew. (shrew + rink)
pronoun: A noun that has lost its amateur status. (pro + noun)
dilate: live long (die late)
- 1 decade ago
meanin to a word..