Ps2 problem?

Even though i hav inserted my memory card in my PS2 it says that it is not inserted? Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

• kydd
    Favorite Answer

check to see if its pushed in all the way, make sure it has room for a save, and make sure it not curropted

First off I would try both memory card slots to make sure it's not just your memory card going bad. I work at a game store and have found that the off-brand mega memory cards are the worst, and have the most amount of problems. The nyko 8mb ones are actually the best.

You could also try taking your memory card to a local Game Crazy store and have them test it in one of their PS2's to see if it reads the data. This way you would know for sure if your PS2's memory ports are dead or if it's just your memory card. If it is your system, you could try calling Sony and seeing how much that would be to fix. 1-800-345-SONY is their #. Hope that helps!

This has happened to me once. You'll have to check inside your ps2. Once you open it if you see anything broken near the memory card slot see if you can fix it. If you cant order a new piece.

First make sure it is a correct one for ps2's.Then make sure it is the right way.Then push it in all the way.If it still doesnt work maybe there is something wroung with the console.

this happens to me all the time. ( i think there is something wrong with the memory card slot) to fix it i just wiggle the memory card until it says it can read it.