I have bills in my name from when i was a minor how do i get these off my credit?

I TRIED TO DEBATE THEM BUT THEY SAYIN THEY CANT HELP ME I WAS 11 AT THE TIME

Favorite Answer

Don't debate - dispute! It is within your rights to ask for the original copies of the debt you signed, it's called "debt validation". Write them a letter and copy the BBB, just tell them:

"According to my rights under the FCRA I dispute your claim and request validation. Please provide proof that I was of legal age to incur this debt. I did not sign any papers related to this debt, I do not owe it and therefore will not pay it. Note that I have copied the BBB regarding this violation of my rights."

In the US negative information can only appear on you credit report for 7 years, 10 years for bankruptcies. If you were 11 when the bills became delinquent, and are 18+ now, they should come of because of time. Being a minor no longer matters. Contact each credit bureau and file a written dispute on the basis of the age of the accounts. Don't bother mentioning your age.

The best way to dispute a charge on your credit report is to send them a letter via certified mail. Send them a copy of your license and social security card to verify your identity along with a copy of your birth certificate to prove your age.

Get a copy of your credit report. Find the companies contact information. Call them and explain you were under 18 at the time and therefore it did not constitute an agreement. Record the conversation if you have to. You can a lot more useful information at http://www.easymoneyadvice.com

Credit reporting agencies will remove any accounts opened when you were a minor. Dispute them with each of the reporting agencies, and tell them if you know who they belonged to. You might need to forward proof of your date of birth if it is not reporting correctly on your credit file.

Source(s): Work for a credit reporting agency.

ignore them. if they don't have your social security number then they can't affect your credit. if they do have your ssn then you can either pay them off or fight it.

let me guess, bmg or columbia house?

Pay them off.

pay them off.