can you give milk to toddler with diariah?

my 14 month old has bad diariah, i am giving her the B R A T diet but i also give her 500ml milk a day. Is that ok?

Favorite Answer

No milk with diareah,,the BRAT diet is designed to rest the digestive tract by eating foods east to digest. Just stick to the banana, rice(plain white..no butter), applesauce and dry toast. My Dr said apple juice is fine as a beverage..or even coke or sprite.

No. Not a good idea. Plenty of water though and flat lemondade in between for 'change'. Milk can make it worse. Milk is good to line stomach for throwing up, not the other end.

I dont know what the B R A T diet is, but some babies just don't 'do' milk very well at all.

Have you heard of Goji Juice? Freelife on Google have the best one on the market, my child thrives on it, and his toilet is healthy because of it. And of course it is very beneficial for many other allergies and skin conditions.

Blessings be yours in light, peace & laughter,

Harriett Potty ;)

I don't know what the B R A T diet is, but when my year old daughter had diarrhea for the first time, I tried the powdered soy milk, which she refused, and then I bought nonfat milk, and she was okay.

It is the fat in milk that is sometimes hard on a baby's stomach.

Source(s): Me

i think of this is easily prevalent for babies to get addicted to specific issues for a at the same time as. My youngest, now 3, has been doing that for over 18 months now. perhaps to no longer that quantity however. My little guy likes chocolate and strawberry milk too, and that i enable him have it various the time. i do no longer purchase the premixed stuff from the save as this is rather good. i purchase the sugar loose nestle rapid or carnation on the spot breakfast and he gets a tablespoon of it somewhat of the a million/3 cup that the field shows. the frightening ingredient is that various the time when I ask him what he's thirsty for he will say "water". If the premixed stuff is what you purchase at your place, attempt diluting it with widespread milk interior the jug. perhaps purchase one extra gallon of white milk...while this is 0.5 long gone, actual it off with a a million/2 gallon of chocolate milk.

• no no nor....milk is not properly digested when pl have diariah...(spell)...

when this disorder occurs you loose those bacteria in your intestine which can only digest such strong difficult to break down substance such as milk...so let the toddler recover from diariah...and after a week start to give milk...

other it will cause loose motion and such stuff...even vomit!

but do consut a doc...he will give you the same reason

its not the best thing to give to her, milk will go right through her and in turn make the diarrhea worse. as long as she is drinking plenty of water based fluids like weak squash or flat lemonade she will be fine. We can all live without food,. you need to make sure she doesn't get dehydrated at all by keeping the fluids up, just not milk.

Hope she gets better soon x x

It is okay. Some doctors now keep babies on a regular diet and give medicines to stop the diarrhea.

Diarrhea can be caused by many things besides a virus. It can also be allergy to food and lactose intolerance.

NO! that makes it worse. give your kid some apple juice and crackers, maybe even some pedialyte. but never anything with milk products cause that makes it worse and can bring on vomiting, which will make it easier to get dehydrated! hopefuly your little on gets better!!! try just giving your little one some popsicles, it will be a hit!

stick to the brat diet! my son was on it too, no dairy at all! is what the nurses told me, and it was hard cause he wanted milk bad! dairy can make it worse, stick to the brat foods till it is better, good luck, i have been there and in the hospital!! it sucks and was so scary, i feel for ya