help! trouble with my ipod?

when i listen to my ipod, i can only hear out of one side of my headphones, and when i bought a brand new pair of head phones, same thing. when i put my headphones in my cd player, they worked. its my ipod thats the prob. can i fix this?? it is an ipod mini, and i dont want to buy a new one.

Favorite Answer

It would be a problem with your I-Pod. If you were smart and got an extended warranty through a particular store they can service it or give you a new unit for free or for a small fee depending upon their policys. If you didn't get one the warranty with Minis is only for a year and since they are 2 years out of date that would be expired. You can get it repaired through apple but it is going to be very costly...you have to pay shipping both ways, parts, and labor costs. I don't know the exact cost for a problem like one you are having but the cost for the most common problem which you can use as an example is for replacing batteries that wont charge anymore....its 150.00 for the battery and labor and then you have to add the cost of shipping both ways. plus it can take anywhere from 2-10 weeks for you to get it back by mail. In my opinion save yourself the hassle and just get a new one...you can buy a shuffle for 79.99, a 2 gig nano for 149.99, 4 gig nano for 199.99, 8 gig nano for 249.99, 30 gig Video I-Pod for 249.99 or 80 gig Video I-Pod for 349.99. Plus you can put all the music you have on your I-Tunes now on the new unit.

Source(s): I sell I-Pods

looks like your battery has long previous to distinctive ingredient. Frys sells selection batteries and the procedures which you will desire to open the ipod are guard interior the equipment. or you're able to desire to purchase the battery on Ebay for much less costly. besides the totally straightforward certainty that pondering the shown fact that your ipod is a 2nd it particularly is somewhat sensible to to reinforce to an more advantageous modern-day style. additionally they sell those for much less costly on Ebay. I in straightforward terms provided my son a 30gb for one hundred ten. the guy ensures them so as this is very much as a clean battery is going to run you approximately 0.5 of that.

Take it to your nearest Apple store for repair. Trying to fix it yourself is just going to void any warranties you may still possibly have for your ipod, so leave it to the experts.

Yea that probably is ur problem make sure you check the equiliser if not then u should ring the number for technical help.

Did you go into the Equalizer option? Check the settings.

go to the local apple store

• awkf

Visit www.apple.com for this.