How can I be more Straight??

I'm in college and would describe myself as bi, but sometimes, depending on who I'm around, i notice that my mannerisms change. I'm interested in acting more straight, and wondered what people had to suggest for that- sleeping with more women, being more self-confident...etc? I realize obviously things such as voice, clothing, even styles of sitting have bearing on how you're perceived, but i'm curious to know what makes a straight man straight. It would be good to hear from other men out there. I'm not interested in hearing about how changing to satisfy other people is being dishonest with myself- I'm interested in mainly being more confident and happier, so i'd rather have clear answers rather than being told to 'accept myself'. Why not improve if that's what you want??

Favorite Answer

STAY GAY I LOVE GAY GUYS!!!!!

Rules of the Straight Man:

1. Women- ONLY WOMEN SEXUALLY

2. Don't dress feminine

3. Be obnoxious and rude on occasion....usually under the influence of alcohol.

4. To full fill number 3 drink more regularly.

5. Don't have spend your weekend shopping...watch a football game. Which would require more of 3 and 4.

To be more straight is to be more manly and less feminine in most cultures so basically full fill your male obligations more regularly. You know sexually is a choice. You choose who you sleep with. Nobody can make you do anything you don't want to do. So if you want to be more straight. Make your decision and stand by it. It's kind of like quitting smoking. It's a habit you can or will not choose.

Before deciding what to do to be more straight, you have to realize that what it means to appear "straight" is different in every culture. Take Japan for example. Many guys over their are short thin, have long hair, and midtone to slightly higher pitched voices than guys in America. In Japan, they're straight and precieved as such. In American however, many people call them gay on sight. And further think they're gay or at least bi when they talk. Some move in a way thats masculine for them, but called effeminate to Americans.

Basically, Americans are so homophobic and discriminative towards men in general, that anything you do can be considered gay. So, I think you should just be yourself instead of trying to be what the culture says you should be.

I'm black. In black culture, if your short and light skinned, and act normal and not ghetto, you considered effeminate or gay. I'm a straight guy, short and lightskinned. However many other cultures see you as masculine. It's all relative and much illogical and discrimination is involved.

Just be yourself.

Your a young man! To often with the basic realities of ourselves you can not change! If you wish to try, I would suggest that you pick 2/3

fellows you know to be straight and pattern yourself after them! There was an old sayin long befor I even knew what sex was or gay!

And that was " To Thine Own Self Be True"

There are times in life when we have to put on different hats and play different roles in order to negotiate with the world.

You need to find people you can be real with too.

Some people are incapable of being real. They are toxic. Avoid them.

you don't want people to advise you to be happy the way you are? well then, go ahead, hate yourself, if you want to. But it's wrong. you can change your mannerisms in a superficial way but you will always be who you are. it is other people's perceptions that should be changing, not you.

Try taking steroids, especially Testosterone. D-Ball and other steroids are somewhat useful, but what you really need is a good dose of "man juice"

Ummm, wait....that didn't turn out how I wanted it to sound...LOL

Be what you are and not what pepole think you should be. I have been hiding things for years It not the way to go trust me

• Ted T

Be youself and stop worrying how others percieve you. You should know you are what you are and that's how straight men are straight.

Doesn't being who you are make you happy? Where is it written that you can't be who you are? Did it suddenly become a crime?

Follow your bliss. Be "you"

Stop mincing around and talking like a chick.