Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.
How can a person know which religion is right?
How can a person know which religion is right?
(1) On what are its teachings based? Are they from God, or are they largely from men? (2 Tim. 3:16; Mark 7:7) Ask, for example: Where does the Bible teach that God is a Trinity? Where does it say that the human soul is immortal?
(2) Consider whether it is making known the name of God. Jesus said in prayer to God: “I have made your name manifest to the men you gave me out of the world.” (John 17:6) He declared: “It is Jehovah your God you must worship, and it is to him alone you must render sacred service.” (Matt. 4:10) Has your religion taught you that ‘it is Jehovah you must worship’? Have you come to know the Person identified by that name—his purposes, his activities, his qualities—so that you feel you can confidently draw close to him?
(3) Is true faith in Jesus Christ being demonstrated? This involves appreciation of the value of the sacrifice of Jesus’ human life and of his position today as heavenly King. (John 3:36; Ps. 2:6-8) Such appreciation is shown by obeying Jesus—sharing personally and zealously in the work that he assigned to his followers. True religion has such faith that is accompanied by works.—Jas. 2:26.
(4) Is it largely ritualistic, a formality, or is it a way of life? God strongly disapproves of religion that is merely a formalism. (Isa. 1:15-17) True religion upholds the Bible’s standard of morality and clean speech instead of weakly going along with popular trends. (1 Cor. 5:9-13; Eph. 5:3-5) Its members reflect the fruits of God’s spirit in their lives. (Gal. 5:22, 23) So, those who adhere to true worship can be identified because they sincerely endeavor to apply Bible standards in their lives not only at their places of meeting but in their family life, at their secular work, in school, and in recreation.
(5) Do its members truly love one another? Jesus said: “By this all will know that you are my disciples, if you have love among yourselves.” (John 13:35) Such love reaches across racial, social, and national boundaries, drawing people together in genuine brotherhood. So strong is this love that it sets them apart as being truly different. When the nations go to war, who have enough love for their Christian brothers in other lands that they refuse to take up arms and kill them? That is what early Christians did.
(6) Is it truly separate from the world? Jesus said that his true followers would be “no part of the world.” (John 15:19) To worship God in a manner that he approves requires that we keep ourselves “without spot from the world.” (Jas. 1:27) Can that be said of those whose clergy and other members are involved in politics, or whose lives are largely built around materialistic and fleshly desires?—1 John 2:15-17.
(7) Are its members active witnesses concerning God’s Kingdom? Jesus foretold: “This good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come.” (Matt. 24:14) What religion is really proclaiming God’s Kingdom as the hope of mankind instead of encouraging people to look to human rulership to solve their problems? Has your religion equipped you to share in this activity, and to do it from house to house as Jesus taught his apostles to do?—Matt. 10:7, 11-13; Acts 5:42; 20:20
- achtung_heissLv 71 decade agoFavorite Answer
Jehovah's Witnesses have the true religion. They are Christian (of course), but they are unique for their rejection of paganisms, use of God's personal name, and global preaching by every active adherent. No other religious organization can claim such purity of worship.
These facts about Jehovah's Witnesses are perhaps relevant to this question. The more one compares this Christian religion with others, the more remarkable it is shown to be.
1. Jehovah's Witnesses have no paid clergy. Yet they remain tightly organized with more than 6.5 million active Jehovah's Witness preachers (about 16 million associate themselves with the religion). Even fulltime preachers and workers at their branch offices are unpaid volunteers.
2. There is no elite class among Jehovah's Witnesses. Even the few 'anointed' among them enjoy no special privileges in their congregations on earth. An anointed person (one of those relative few with a heavenly hope) is not elevated above his fellow congregants in any way, and he may not even qualify for appointment as a simple 'deacon' or elder. There are no titles; EVERYONE is addressed as 'brother' or 'sister'.
3. No person benefits economically from the Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses. Even the 8 to 20 men who serve on their Governing Body receive simply room, board, medical care, and reimbursement for certain personal expenses according to the exact same provision as every other branch volunteer.
4. About a hundred men have served on Jehovah's Witnesses' Governing Body committee during the past 125 years or so. The vast majority of them have spent the vast majority of their adult lives volunteering for their organization's purposes, and the vast majority have died faithfully and near-pennilessly while still under their legal 'vow of poverty'.
5. Amazingly, Jehovah's Witnesses did not splinter as a sect from some other religion. Instead, a truly tiny but sincere group of bible students studied only the Scriptures to determine the will of God. Thus their religion remains absolutely independent of and not carrying the sins of Christendom's history, yet carries the authority of Christ's teachings.
6. Despite the distortions of anti-Witnesses, throughout their modern history Jehovah's Witnesses have refused to claim divine inspiration or infallibility for their teachings. They have pointed to the bible (and not any particular translation) as the only inspired infallible means of knowing God's thoughts. For over 125 years, their teachings have been presented as merely the results of sincere bible research by imperfect but godly humans.
- Anonymous1 decade ago
When you talk to any religion they will all say that Jesus is real and that he excisted. However, some say he was a teacher and others a prophet. The bible says he is the Son of God and it is only through Him that men can be saved. To prove God you must first prove or disprove his word. This is why Christianity is the true faith. No one has been able to disprove Gods word. Infact - The more us humans progress the more we have to accept His word as truth. All prophecies in the bible have come to pass except Jesus return.
There is only one God. There is only one way to heaven and that is through Jesus Christ. You must make up your own mind. I wonder though if you really want to find the truth!
- jeniLv 71 decade ago
IF THE BIBLE MATH CAN BE PROVEN TO BE CORRECT THEN ALL ELSE IS CORRECT
John 17:3,5,24; This one thing Jehovah gave from Moses onward, man has no 2 alike?
0000 0000 Gen.1:1,2; ALL EXIST TIME AS BILLIONS? Job 38:30-32;
0000 0000 Gen.1:3-25; TIME AS HIGH THOUSANDS? EARTH PREPARATION
0000 0000 Gen.1:26; THOUSANDS IN TIME FOR THE WORLD Job 37:12;
1056 0000 Gen.5:3,6,9,12,15,18,21,25,28 IS 1056 years, Noah born.
0600 0000 Gen.7:6 [ AGE 600 ]; Noah #10 son, Gen 9:28,39;
1656 0000 Flood YEAR WITH NOAH 375 DAYS TO DRY LAND Gen.8:21,22;
0000 0000 AFTER THE FLOOD BELOW [ Noah 350 & Shem 502 years ]:
0222 0222 Gen.11:10,12,14,16,18,20,22,24 IS 222 years, Terah born, dies.
0205 0427 Gen.11:32; 12:4; Abraham #20 son. Promised Land covenant.
0430 0857 Exo.7:7 [ Moses 80 ]; 12:40,41; Gal.3:16-18 [ the law ];
0040 0897 Deut.1:3; 29:5; 34:7 [ Moses age 120 dies in 40th year ];
0001 0898 Joshua 5:6,10,12; 14th day in New Year ends 40 years.
0300 1198 Judges 11:26 [ 300 years of Judges to Jair dies, 1198 ];
0029 1227 1Sam.4:15,18; Eli. 1Sam.7:2,13,15; Samuel age 80 at 1307.
0080 1307 Acts 13:20; 450 plus 857 Moses is 1307 years after flood.
0026 1333 Acts 13:21; Saul 1117 less 40 years is 1077 before Christ.
0040 1373 1Ki.2:10,11; David 1077 less 40 is 1037 before Christ.
0004 1377 1Ki.6:1; 480 plus 897 Moses died is 1377 after flood.
0036 1413 1Ki.11:42; Solomon dies. 1037 less 40 is 0997 BCE.
0391 1804 2Ki.25:8; 2Chr.36:20-23; Judah kings end at Babylon #3.
0606 0000 THERE WILL BE NO KING UNTIL THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST.
0000 2410 1656 PLUS 2006 CE IS 6072 after Adam created.
Rev.9:1-5 [ 5 x 30 = 150 ]; Pit is open for Satan, THE SEALED OF GOD ARE THERE.
Rev.9:12-16 Euphrates angels 391 [ WORD ], and Rev.16:12-16 Euphrates and angel?
2006 after Christ is 2612 years from Babylon Empire #3.
Dan.12:1-12 [ 2x 1335 is 2670 less 2520 is 150 ]; We are now 2612 years from Babylon Empire #3.
1Thes.1-9,21 [ prove it ]; Jesus second coming is not as a thief in the night to children of the light of times and seasons. All but day and Hour, after Acts 1:7,8; 2:1-4; No one cares.
Matt.24:3,7,14,15,22,34,36-38 [ Only God knows the day and the hour ];Source(s): Bible.
- Anonymous7 years ago
Check here http://bit.ly/1pnRwMh if you want to get for free: Letters from Nowhere 2
With this link you can get the full version completely free.
Hidden objects games are always fun to play. People forget the without these types of games, there won’t be any of the new generation games we see today.
You should definitely try it
- Anonymous1 decade ago
It may be difficult to know which religion is right, but it's very easy to spot one that is wrong if they make predictions. Deut 18: 22: "When the prophet speaks in the name of Jehovah and the word does not occur or come true, that is the word Jehovah did NOT speak."
- fireLv 51 decade ago
You forgot one, the use of Gods name as stated in the prayer Jesus told the apostles, Hollowed be your name , might mention Gods name since there are many lords and Gods.
- ?Lv 51 decade ago
I didn't bother reading your whole question, but in the simplest terms, you will know what religion is right for you. We are allowed that, to find our own way, to help other's find their way, but never to force anyone into a way that is not of thier own calling. Just my tolerant opinion.
- devora kLv 71 decade ago
I hope no one will report you, certainly not me because I found what you wrote to be interesting and informative BUT you are not allowed on Yahoo to preach your faith. Each person Must find their faith on their own
- Anonymous1 decade ago
Is it me or does anybody else feel that this question is a tad bias? Gosh... what a silver tongued devil we've got here.
Oh yeah... I almost forgot to mention it.... Jesus sucks big-snake lard-dollops. But I don't want to stop there, do I... because I haven't mentioned that God and Allah do, too.
 r u randy? 
- 1 decade ago
Knowing the "truth" behind religion lies in knowing that its imposible to know which is the the "true and right" religion.
Currently, it's impossible to know and to figure out which is the "right" religion.
"Because he said so" isnt enough to prove or disprove any religion.