Is it more important for someone to go along with the cultural trends?? or stay true to one's self?

Is it seems that alot of people tend to go along with what is 'IN' and not develop their own self style that IS originality.

Favorite Answer

It is so much more important to be true to yourself. If you follow the trends,there is always that phoney feeling in your heart.

A problem I have dealt with for many years....

In the South Asian culture...women of light skin are considered beautiful and only them. I am the tannest one out of all my cousins (theyre all pretty pale). Since I was a kid people have told me that im 2 dark and blah...some people even forced me to use skin lighteners. im 16 now and extremely comfortable with my skin tone...tan year round...hmm...its not bad...To me its more important to stay true to yourself because ive realized that im brown...and if some guy will want 2 marry me for my skin tone....i just think its absurd....people need to realize that being yourself is probably the best thing you can do for yourself...you'll feel better...trust me... i do now.

Source(s): Life

In terms of living life, depends on if one's true self is hurtful towards others.

In terms of getting a job, outward appearance (manner of dress, speech, hairstyle, etc.) matters to most employers. They want someone who fits in with the rest of the gang and who represents the company well to outsiders.

Haven't you heard originality is the new trend!

Most of us are followers. Its a pack thing.

• Yulia

more important to be yourself

if you don't remain true to yourself then you will you be?

im all for individualism for sure