Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Are you the type of person that would laugh at a funeral?

Inspired by the Barenaked Ladies.

24 Answers

Relevance
  • Bru
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

In our culture its not about the sad times, you have to find a happy medium between the sad times and happy times. Laugh, smile and cry. You run the full gauntlet of emotions.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I love that song...I started just saying 'inspired by' because sometimes I want a real answer instead of lyrics. Anyway, I am not the type of person who laughs at a funeral. I feel sorrow for the soul of the person who is gone, and then because of the fact that they're not really there anymore, I tend to just feel empty at funerals. I don't laugh, I don't cry. I'm just empty. That's why I don't like going to funerals I guess.....wow, your question just helped me realize why I feel that way! Thanks! :)

Source(s): ♥
  • 1 decade ago

this is really sick of me, cause she meant so much to me but I was giggling at the funeral of my grandmother. NOT like that but I hadn't seen my cousins in a really long time and she was sitting behind me and I was really happy to see her. I just turned to her and smiled and then realized how weird I must have looked smiling at a funeral and I started laughing at that. I was about 14. but I controlled it. it was the saddest time in my life.

• 1 decade ago

Yes. Celebrate the person's life, laugh at life's irony. Cry over the loss of the life. Laugh for crying.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

yup and I have. One of my employees died in a car accident. When I met his son, I let him know how much his father had acted like he was my father, giving me advice and stuff. I said that his dad was a crotchety old bastard and I was going to miss him like he was my own father. We both laughed and shook hands, then wiped a tear.

• 1 decade ago

sure. Remembering the fun things about the person can make you laugh. That's good for everyone.

• 1 decade ago

sadly I must admit I did just that at my grandfathers funeral. I just didn't know how to deal with my loss I sure didn't find anything funny

• 1 decade ago

I once dit it, though I was broken-hearted, as it was my 20 years old long-time friend' s funeral. I still feel guilty about it, though I have never forgotten my late friend, ( she died 29 years ago).

Source(s): My own.
  • 1 decade ago

Only if Jerry is there with that damned Pez dispenser.

• 1 decade ago

Lincoln said that If I didn't laugh, I'd cry.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.