what 's the difference between oracle jdevelopperand oracle SQL plus?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

JDeveloper is an Integrated Development Environment(IDE). With it you can do Java development, test, control the application server, browse the database, etc.

SQLPlus is a command line tool that connects to the database and allows you to submit SQL directly without a programming language between you and the database.

• 1 decade ago

Oracle J developer is a latest version being made which uses Java as it's base language for manipulation of data from the tables. Oracle SQL plus is the existing one which uses PL/SQL language for it's database operations and manipulation of data in the ERP.

the versions are Oracle Fusion for Java and ORacle 11.0.3/11i/10 g for SQL

• 3 years ago

I purely opt to characteristic to the 1st, sturdy answer. Oracle won PeopleSoft and in case you do no longer understand what that utility does, it quite is adapted to an business enterprise's place of work work. working example, a telephone receptionist can container request for service calls. Her log is transferred to a distinctive table that assigns initiatives and according to danger that log will lower back be transposed to a mail record or maybe a carry on with-up shopper delight telephone call. it quite is purely between the products Oracle distributes. recently Oracle won solar Microsystems. i'm inspired that Java will nonetheless be receiving significant progression aspects. in spite of the indisputable fact that, Oracle introduced that StarOffice, the java-based place of work suite could no long acquire progression. (OpenOffice is the OpenSource fork of StarOffice). All of that, and by some estimates, Oracle is larger than IBM now.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Sqlplus is for sql programming while the jddeveloper is to develop java..

If you work with oracle 10g you will find good info in this site -

http://mysite.verizon.net/resnwm24/newfeaturesinor...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.