i got my daughters ear pierced, she's 6 months old, what do u think about that?

Favorite Answer

That's when I got mine pierced. There's nothing wrong with that

its a personal choice, it looks so cute on babies, but i couldnt put my daughter through it, the look of pain in her eyes would haunt me forever. Although saying that my mum had mine done for me when i was young and i am really grateful for that Most girls get to about 5 and want their ears pierced anyway. My friend was taken was she was 7 to have hers done and they only did one ear at a time and after suffering the pain of the first one she never had the second one done. she is now nearly twenty and still only has one ear pierced!

Personally, I could never do that to a baby.

I am not talking down on your decision, as long as you're prepared to take care of those tiny ears and deal with those itty-bitty studs to avoid infection and complications.

I just see ear piercing as a personal choice that the child should be old enough to make herself because she may grow up and decide that she never wanted those holes in her ears.

Just my opinion.

• Tish P

It's a personal choice thing, really, isn't it? I personally wouldn't do it. My seven year old wants an earring, and has the hump with me because I keep saying he's too young. But in most cases, babies with earrings can look really cute. I just couldn't do it.

I am very happy that your daughters ear pierced.And

i am very sad that you didn't called up for ear piercing function.

• Lilly

it's not necessary. it COULD cause an infection, which in babies that young is never good.

it takes the choice away from her....

personally, i wouldn't. my daughter is 10 months old. ill let her decide if and when she wants them done...(or other piercing and tats for that matter...it's HER body). yes she is MY child, but she is not property.

she's my daughter not a decorative ornament.

IMHO.

Source(s): mother of 3

Nothing wrong with that, it's up to the parent(s) to decide. A lot of parents do that cuz it's easier for the child to get used to. I decided to wait until my daughter is old enuff to decide it on her own.

I think its great and i'll bet she loves to show those little ear rings, I know my little grand daughters do and have different one about each time i get to see them.

It's not good for young girls to have their ears pierced. It's for adult women only. You don't want others to think of her as a slutt, as they say. That's just the way people will think, believe it or not.

As long as you take care of it and make sure it doesn't get infected. Although, maybe you didn't consider, did she even want a peirced ear?