Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDental · 1 decade ago

Why cant I sleep?

Ok so I have two impacted bottom wisdom teeth. One is perefectly horizontal (90 degrees) and the other is angled. The angled one has been in for about a year and it has just started giving me problems. After Im done eating, I experience a toothache/jawache/headache for 30-40 mins and then it goes away. Same for sleeping. I wake up to toothaches and they leave in half a hr. I also noticed that whenever I lay down, my jaw/tooth starts to hurt no matter how i position myself. When I sit up, it goes away. Why is this?

Favorite Answer

You need to have dental work done to bring back some comfort. Chewing seems to cause irritation of the nerves, and it also sounds like you grind your teeth in your sleep, which is why you wake to toothache. Your first priority is to see a dentist and seek advice, but I also recommend using a mouth guard at night to prevent the damage and pain caused by teeth grinding (bruxism). It may be, however, that correct treatment of your misaligned impacted wisdom teeth may rectify the whole situation.

It is likely that you have a cavity in either the wisdom tooth or the one in front, due to the impaction.

Pain is a warning sign, and you should seek advice and treatment ASAP because the pain isn't going to get less over time.

You may need to get that tooth pulled or straightened. The reason why you feel pain when you lay down is because this way it is easier for the blood to travel up and your gums maybe swelling from the pressure of the blood.

Most people don't get adequate sleep for their

busy schedule. But, sleep deprivation destroys

not only physical health,but also mental health.

More available at http://nosleep.in/sleepdeprivation.html

here are some tips:

Tips to Sleep Well

http://tips-to-sleep.blogspot.com/2006/09/tips-to-...

i couldnt tell you for sure... but u probably need to get them removed.. i just had all 4 of mine taken out about 2 months ago.

You can't sleep because of your dental problem. HINT: go to a dental surgeon.

maybe you should get them pulled. it hurts for like 12 hours and then you feel fine. just get them pulled. the end.

Just get them pulled out.

Because of you need to get it removed!

Visit your dentist and have it extracted