I am cleaning my ears daily with Q-tips,the last days I recognized a little bit dry blood. What could that be?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • bogey
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

If you are getting blood then there has to be a sore inside your ear somewhere.

If you are experiencing pain when cleaning, then you may be injuring yourself. If you read the box that the q-tips come in, they recommend that you don't insert the q-tip into the ear cannal as you can easily injure yourself.

However, I have been cleaning my ears this way for years and when I don't my ears get very itchy to the point that I can't stand it unless I clean them. I am very careful when doing this and usually only clean them after a shower when I have used soap and water in there.

If you continue to find blood for more than 1 or 2 days, you should go to your doctor and get it checked out. A ruptured or injured ear drum could be bad news...

• Jeanne
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

I do body piercings for a living. Claire's equipment and jewelry isn't really great quality and their "guns" damage your tissue which is why you might experience more soreness than if it had been done by a pro piercer. You should not be rotating your jewelry at all but you also don't want it to be "crusted" in place. Cleaning it w/ Claire's ear piercing solution is good or sterile saline(like for contacts) but they are the same thing really. Keep your hands and hair products off of your piercing as much as possible and leave the jewelry no matter what for the next 6-8 weeks. After that I highly recommend going to hot topic or a tattoo/piercing shop that will have Stainless Steel surgical grade metal or titanium to prevent any tarnish(which gold doe do) inside of your skin which can be unsightly later on. :) Good luck!

• 1 decade ago

could be you poked too far down. Why on earth are you using Q-tips, and, why are you doing that daily? My mother warned me, never put anything smaller than your elbow in your ear (that was an alegory), but she meant don't full around with your ears, just use the washcloth and a towel. And if you have wax buildup get that cleaned by a professional.

• 1 decade ago

yeah dont worry about the blood man, thats just a little bit of festered skin from your ear canal falling of cos youve been pokin too much.

DONT EVER EVER use Q TIPS for CLEANING YOUR EARS!!.

Nothing smaller than your elbow should be put in your ear.

If you want to clean out your ear canals for personal reasons you can go to a chemist and pick up this little bottle of ammonium something.

You put a couple of drops in your ears and you can hear it sizzle all the wax away.

Hope Ive been some help

Source(s): The Book of Life
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Dried blood is probably blood that dried up. I've been q-tipping my ears everyday for years. I've never seen any blood. Try the generic brand q-tip with the plastic swab and the smaller cotton head. The q-tip brand is too hard.

• 1 decade ago

Possible broken ear drum. I'd go to the doctor just to be safe.

Source(s): Years of ear problems
  • 1 decade ago

When you clean your ears, you are probably rubbing them and it's making them bleed from the rubbing sores.

• 1 decade ago

you are overdoing it. hope you are wetting ends with water first? otherwise it would be like sandpaper to the skin, eventually it will bleed.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It could that you are cleaning your ears too damn often!!!!!!!!!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.