~LYNZ~ asked in PetsReptiles · 1 decade ago

I just got an emerald swift for an early christmas present, are then fun pets?

I have had a lot of experience with reptiles. I had a 4 and a half foot long iguana whom I miss dearly. I did research on the emerald swift but I'm interested in knowing more about them from people that have had them. I also had anoles too.

Favorite Answer

I kept swifts a few years ago, and only have the one left (who is now very, very old and shaky), and I have found them to be extremely rewarding pets. They are not called swifts for nothing though, so keep an eye on him whenever you have the cage open or he will be away.

I kept half a dozen in a 3'Lx3'Wx5'H mesh cage, fixed up near the ceiling so the base was at about waist height. They are very active and it is great fun to watch them hunting and generally just scurrying about.

They will become tame enough to run into your hands and feed, but I would not recommend lifting them out of the tank because they are, as I said, very fast.

Overall, fairly easy to keep and good fun. Enjoy your new beast!

that happened to me once, ok 1st im sure he got you a wii beacuse if he didnt he would have been on ebay looking with you on wiis and seeing the prices, 2nd If you open the present now then by christmas then you wont be excited that xmas is coming for you yo open your wii. apoligize to your dad and say youll wait till xmas and its best for both of you

they r fun but i would prefer a poodle or a labrador

no pets are fun, they are work