Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesDancing · 1 decade ago

what is winin' - ie: a dance where you grind against a girl?

Its in alot of songs; "wine your body down"... ... Is it as blatant as just rubbing yourself against the girl? Whats the idea here?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

It isn't necessarily grinding with another girl. It's just moving your hips. Whinin' is the girl version of grindin'. A girl can whine all by herself.

Source(s): I'm from the caribbean
  • Roja
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

There are a number of local dance steps and styles in the Turks and Caicos Islands. The most popular is winin also known as Wine-up or The Wine.

• 1 decade ago

winin is a style of dance that originates from jamaica - no girl needed but its better if you have one lol - i could show you how its done but have no camera lol and kinda hard to explain - watch dancehall queen the movie - there is plenty of it in that

Another thing of winin ya body is like someone else said - itsa dance you do that feels right to you - its about getting down - having a boogie etc - just depends on the mood and style of music - its how the music makes you feel - i used to concentrate on dance steps as a youngster so i could look cool! lol but in fact i looked like a show off and got no recognition like i thought i would - when i just danced normally (like everyone else) i found i got more attention - its true mate!

but thats what i think about ya question - good luck with it and have a nice xmas!

• 1 decade ago

whinin' is like grindin' except alone, just do what feels right whatever comes natural. Of course you could grind with a girl which is a whole lot more fun :). Whinin' doesnt compare to grindin' but can be fun if you have a whole lot of guys hangin around

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

"Wind" your body down. Sh*t dude, it's whatever feels right to you. Use your imagination.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.