Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

height and weight?

how much does a typical model usually weigh and height?(female)

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The Association of Model Agents (AMA) says that female models should be around 34-24-34 inches (86-61-86 cms) and at least five feet eight inches (1.72m) tall. [2]. Nowadays, the height required to do fashion shows has increased and during the last fashion shows in Europe, the average height was 1,79m , with bust between 85 to 90,hips under 62, and waist under 90, to fit the 34/36 size of haute Couture prototypes.

Thank you.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

"The average supermodel is 5’11 and 117 pounds" according to Womentowomen.com, which by the way apparently has its server down. I just got that from a google synopsis. However, this seems tall, to me, so I don't know how accurate this is.

• 1 decade ago

America's next top model only requires 5'7" and no weight requirements, i do know if you want to be runway they are really really thin even though i don't always condone that

• 1 decade ago

They need to eat???? BMI are below 18 yikes on some models

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

5.7 to 5.10?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.