When you answer th phone in your office, what is the most polite expression of "who is this call'?

If I would say like this, is it rude?

Thank you.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Dashes
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

may i ask who's calling?

• 1 decade ago

Another possible response, if they ask to speak to someone in particular, is to say, "Can I tell him/her who is calling, please?"

This is what I was supposed to say when I answered the phone in an office a few years ago.

"May I ask who is calling?" is also fine, but it can make you sound nosy. I liked the response I had to use in the office, because it sounds like you are trying to help your boss or colleagues by informing them about who is calling!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Thank you for calling Wally's Muffler Shop, How may I help you. Then after they respond you can ask their name if it is still necessary.

• 1 decade ago

Well, I would most likely say, "Hello, and thank you for calling (business's name). My name is (your name). May I ask who is calling?"

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

may I ask who's calling? is the best one, thats what all of my bosses told me to ask...

and also you can ask "What is this regarding?" after you asked the 1st question (above)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

"Who is this calling?" OR

"Yes Hello, What can i do 4 u?" OR

"Hello...XYZ COMPANY...gud afternoon/evening/morning .. Sir...May i know woh is on line?" OR

CHECK DIS OUT ...TOO GOOD!

"Hello...Who is on the line....HONEY?" OR

"Who is it?" OR

"Wrong number"

MERRY CHRISTMAS

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

"Who's calling , please."

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.