When you answer th phone in your office, what is the most polite expression of "who is this call'?

If I would say like this, is it rude?

Thank you.

• Dashes
    Favorite Answer

may i ask who's calling?

Another possible response, if they ask to speak to someone in particular, is to say, "Can I tell him/her who is calling, please?"

This is what I was supposed to say when I answered the phone in an office a few years ago.

"May I ask who is calling?" is also fine, but it can make you sound nosy. I liked the response I had to use in the office, because it sounds like you are trying to help your boss or colleagues by informing them about who is calling!

Thank you for calling Wally's Muffler Shop, How may I help you. Then after they respond you can ask their name if it is still necessary.

Well, I would most likely say, "Hello, and thank you for calling (business's name). My name is (your name). May I ask who is calling?"

may I ask who's calling? is the best one, thats what all of my bosses told me to ask...

and also you can ask "What is this regarding?" after you asked the 1st question (above)

"Who is this calling?" OR

"Yes Hello, What can i do 4 u?" OR

"Hello...XYZ COMPANY...gud afternoon/evening/morning .. Sir...May i know woh is on line?" OR

CHECK DIS OUT ...TOO GOOD!

"Hello...Who is on the line....HONEY?" OR

"Who is it?" OR

"Wrong number"

MERRY CHRISTMAS

"Who's calling , please."