How accurate are pregnancy tests?

I've heard of false negatives but how many of you have had a false positive?

Favorite Answer

Most 'false positives' are actually when someone REALLY wants to see a line. I mean, if you stare long enough, or squint, or tilt the test, then you can see something, even if its negative! this site www.peeonastick.com says that unless you can see a line at arms length withourt squinting or tilting the test, then it is negative. So "false positives" are normally just misread negative tests. I am SURE that you are pregnant. Missed a period and a positive pregnancy test... don't worry!!! You ARE you ARE you ARE!!! :-) . In fact, when i went to my doc and said I had had two positive pregnancy tests, she didn't even bother with a blood tests as that means that YES there was the hormone that is ONLY produced if you are pregnant. And 9 months later i had healthy baby girl. Good luck to you and CONGRATS!!!!

My Gyno told me that a preg. test will never show a false positive but it can show a false negaive, Also I have a friend thats a nurse and she said the same thing. 99.9%

• ?

To be sure about it, buy 3-5 kits and use it.

Still in doubt, take another test a week after.

there is a really rare chance of it nt bein accurate.so if u wanna kno for sure jst go to a gynacologist an find out 4 sure.

best of luck

I got four or five false pos two months ago, I think they may have pulled that brand off the shelf b/c I cant find it anymore

• 1

I don't know the exact percentage...but there's always a chance you'll get the wrong results....that's why people usually buy 3....third times the charm lol

Source(s): Moi;D

nothing beats going to the doctor and getting an actual test

most pregnacy test are about 97.9 percent accurate trust me i have taken a lot of pregnacy tests and i have 6 children now

if you'll not sure, I could help to make sure you are...Merry Christmas!

seventy