what's the difference between champagne and wine?

• mangal
    Favorite Answer

Champaign is a kind of sparkling white wine made from the grapes grown in the Champaign region of France. The boubles in champaign are formed naturally during the process of brewing as agianst the added boubles in other sparkling white wines or arated waters. This method is known as Champaign method. Where as wine can be made with grapes from any region in the world and may follow any other method of brewing. Wine can be red or white or pink as the case may be.

Technically only sparkling white wines produced in the district of Champagne, France can be labelled "champagne". The area of wine production is strictly defined in accordance with the French law of 22 July 1927 and accounts for approximately three per cent of the total area under vine in France.

Champagnes produced outside France are often called "sparkling wines".

By definition, wines are made only from grapes. Several fruits, berries and certain flowers are fermented to produce beverages with "wine like" characteristics.

Champagne is a sparkling wine from a region in France that's called Champagne...

*The still wines have only one fermentation process.

Champagne and sparkling wines have also second fermentation process = bubbles.

*Champagne is made only in the Champagne -France, and

has a pressure of 5-6 atmosfere

Champagne is made from Chardonnay (white grapes), Pinot Noir and Pinot Meunier (black grapes).

Champagne - second fermentation is always made in the bottle

with the help of sugar, selected yeasts and yeast nutrients.

Source(s): Tom Stevenson

Hi! Someone in my twitter feed shared this question so I came to give it a look. I'm definitely loving the information. I'm book-marking and will be tweeting it to my followers!

Sounds interested

Gas

champagne is bubbly and wine isnt........??

$50.00 a bottle if it's good stuff :-)

BUBBLES