Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 decade ago

any nutritionist or a doctor who can answer this.?

im trying to lose weight the best way is exercise and eating healthy right?

I usually exercise at late night but after that i feel really hungry.But its not good to eat in the night what should i do

• Jonny
    Favorite Answer

Drink plenty of water instead of eating. If you must eat something, eat a banana or something nutritious. A simple rule of thumb is to not eat 3 hours prior to when you plan to go to bed. It takes the body an average of 2-3 hours to digest food, and if you go to sleep while digesting it is more likely to turn to fat.

If there is any way to change your routine, try exercising in the morning or afternoon.

It is a good idea to eat after exercise because your body needs the nutrients. Try something like cottage cheese with some fruit or a lean protein or a protein smoothie with some veggies.

I find that when I exercise too late that I don't sleep well if I DON'T eat after exercise. My body can't handle the entire night of sleep without enough food. Usually I'll wake up too early and I am starving when I do. I immediately eat some eggs (1 whole and 2 whites), whole grain toast, and 1/2 piece of fruit. Then I feel better. The problem then is I want to go back to sleep.

It is good that you are exercising but doing it at night will not be that effective(as what you have mentioned) so you should maybe break up your workouts throughout the day? As for meals drink lots of water beforehand but do not overdo it just enough to make you fill a little full so that you will eat less later. Hope that helps

Source(s): me

You should never exercise late at night...you are opening yourself up to all sorts of health problems (like insomnia, heartburn, sour stomach) to name a few.

Of course you will feel hungry, because you have utilized the calories in your system...

Water or gatorade or even a protein bar will help your system bounce back without counteracting the workout you just had.

Source(s): Took nutrition classes in college.
    Source(s): Follow its advice.