promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

What are spilt ends? What do they mean?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Visit http://www.naturalbeautycareguide.com/natural-hair... to know more about split ends and also to treat the split ends.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Mark G
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

A hair is made up of many small micro strands, a split end is when these marcro strands disconect from each other, the only relible way of getting rid of them is to have your hair trimmed, and if this is a regular problem you might look into a conditioner which helps stop split ends, a hair stylist should be able to reccomend one if you don't know what to look for.

Source(s): Freinds and personal experiances with split ends (I rearly do anthing about mine... hey I'm a guy)
  • HJ
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Split ends are the end of your hair strands that have split into 2 or more pieces. When you have a lot of spit ends, your hair tends to look frazzled at the bottom. A quick trim just taking off those ends makes your hair look sooo much healthier.

• 1 decade ago

Split ends are when the very ends of strands of your hair split in two. You can trim them off and use a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner to prevent them.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

lol i didnt know either till i got one! its where the end of your hair splits looks sort of like a 'Y' the bottom bit being the hair and the top bit being the bit that splits. usually get them from straightening hair too much. if you don't know what they are then u probably dont have one! ul know what it is when you see it :p

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.