how to deal with people have big ego and questionable beliefs?

the question stems from a situation when me and my roomates are watching Davinchi code. And my roommate is bubbling to spill his knowledge - partial and biased which it seems to me. Then he goes on to talk about how human life began scientifically and otherwise and how various religions sprouted and all that. well, most of the time i thought he based his thoughts on absurd assumptions. How do i deal with people in such situations ? specially when a few people tend to agree with them?

• Pichi
    Favorite Answer

Ignore them.

Smile and Nod.

Nothing you say will change them or what they think or how they come to their conclusions, and no good comes out of arguing.

If you are concerned about the impact on others, then talk to those persons, alone, at other times, and discuss the issue earnestly.

Ignore him,leave the room and take a walk.

What do you have to prove him wrong? It better be a hell of a lot more than the bible.

give them the reasons why you disagree..while at the same time guarding your ego..

because we all like to believe that we are right.

I would tell them to prove their theories. Put up or shut up, in other words.

Ignore them they will go away.

go to www.wayofthemaster.com lots of helpful info there