How do I clean the glass on a toaster oven?

Toaster ovens always get disgusting and the glass always turns a brown color after awhile. You can never get it clean and clear. I hate these things for that reason, but always get them just out of their sheer convenience. Anyone have any ideas?

Favorite Answer

My toaster oven door can be removed for cleaning. Check to see if yours is and let it soak. Use a non scratching sponge to apply soap and let it sit.

If the door doesn't come off, try easy off cleaner or a paste of baking soda and lemon juice and let it sit. If you haven't cleaned it in a while or it's really soiled you'll have to repeat the process.

BTW a cheap, effective way to clean the inside of a microwave oven is to fill a large microwave-safe mug with water about 3/4 full. Add a good splash of lemon juice to the water and nuke it for about 5 minutes. When the machine stops, just leave the mug inside to allow the steam to soak through any stuck-on dirt. About 5 minutes later, remove the mug carefully and wipe the interior of the microwave down. Most of the food splatter should wipe right off.

If you have a flat pan, you can do this with your toaster oven Preheat the water and see if the steam softens the dirt on the door.

Hope this helps.

I clean the outside with plain glass cleaner and a paper towel. The inside gets special treatment since I don't wan't my food to stink, or the oven to smoke!

I open the door and level it with a pair of empty tuna cans. (You may have to find something else to get the door to stay level when open.) Then I mix some Bon Ami non scratch cleanser with some plain dish soap. I rub that on and leave it sit until it dries. Then I take a damp towel and clean it off.

It works, but it's a pain. There is always a little bit of crust you can't get out of the corners, and you have to remove ALL the cleaner. If you don't, the next batch you make in the toaster oven smells funny.

Source(s): Got the toaster oven many moons ago. Have a microwave, but it's a pain also when it comes to cleaning. You are right that the toaster oven is a good thing to have. No sense in trying to make a toasted cheese sandwich in the micro! No TOAST!

Easy Off may work, but don't just rinse it with plain water. Mix about 1/2 cup plain white vinegar into 1/2 gallon warm water and rinse. The vinegar neutralizes the caustic chemicals in the over cleaner. Don't use the same sponge or cloth to rinse that you used to wipe the stuff off with. No matter how well you think you rinsed it, you will never get it all out. Throw it away and use a fresh one to rinse.

Don't use one ha. I hate these things, too. i realized that a regular toaster does the toasting you need, looks better, and takes up less counter space. Plus an oven or microwave can do the same thing as a toaster oven!

• PikC

Taking care not to burn yourself, wear gloves. Clean it with paper towels when the oven is still warm to hot. The scum on the glass will be softened and it won't be too difficult to wipe off. I do this every other week and mine's 3 yrs. old but clean

My2cents has you covered, a great answer and great advice. Oh yeah, try wiping down the glass after every use,as it is the burned on stuff that is causing your problem.

use over cleaner but make sure you get it all out. wipe with a clean wet rag until all oven cleaner is gone.easy-off works great and make sure to wear rubber gloves

household brown soap will do the trick! rub some on the inside, lay some plastic wrap over it and let it sit overnight.. then it will be easily cleanable-wipe off next morning. gooey solution but good.

Source(s): me, myself, and i

you are supposed to wipe them with a saopy damp cloth in order to retain that fresh new look

if you dont it goes that funny color

i used a sos pad it came clean, not getting all the crumbs at the bottom is pretty unnerving