Why isnt Metalcore very popular?

I mean why do ppl like bands like slipknot and mudvayne (heavy metal) more than Dead to Fall and Darkest hour (metalcore). If you like all that screaming and loud music then why do not like metalcore as much as heavy metal.

Favorite Answer

Suuweet! Darkest Hour is great, and other bands that are fairly similar to them, you might also listen to Dillinger Escape Plan or Converge, I'm just guessing. Darkest Hour has one of the coolest band names ever, 'hidden hands of a sadist nation' is just amazing, the lyrics, breakdowns, thumbs up for me. And Dead To Fall also draws from Swedish metal influences, and you know the Swedish metal/hardcore/metal core bands are so good. I'm not sure why more people don't listen to it but you know what, it is their loss. Metalcore is better than heavy metal because there is more variety in the sound that you just cant find in basic metal, the mix of hardcore and metal, (melodic metal). Thrash or heavy metal, excuse me for saying so, has just gotten a little stagnant over the years. I personally like Slipknot and Mudvayne but just find a little more in metalcore to enjoy.

I dont understand this either. I hear people talking trash about it all the time, that its not "real" metal. How can anyone say this? Metalcore retains all the characteristics of metal with a hardcore twist to the vocals. And most metalcore bands can play the **** out of their instruments. If a band can shred like old school metal artists then why would a self proclaimed metal head hate it? Personally, i love metalcore.

to each their own. i used to love slipknot and mudvayne and then..it just got old.

i'm into the deftones/team sleep/mars volta...and i know alot of people who aren't but i think would like it if they gave it a shot.

it's all preference dear.

hatebreed...brutal...pure metal...no ballads yet

becoz i think they do not have the x factor but avenged sevenfoold is better