Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 1 decade ago

which language is less difficult to learn, japanese or tagalog (phillipino)?

Favorite Answer

Tagalog is actually a dialect. It's a much more basic version of Filipino, which is the official language of the Philippines. Filipino has a lot more vocabulary and 'deep' words.

**Exluding the writing of Japanese characters:

Tagalog vs. Japanese --> Tagalog is easier

Filipino vs. Japanese ---> Probably the same level of difficulty [I speak Tagalog and have a hard time with Filipino!]

Overall, with speaking, grammar, writing, pronunciation, etc., Japanese would probably be the more difficult (the writing!!).

Source(s): Lived in the Philippines and went to school there for four years. That's how I learned Tagalog. I'm still working on my Filipino.

It's Tagalog since it's scripts are the same as english.

Tagalog would be easier to learn. It is the most or if not more popular of the dialects in the Filipino language.

Tagalog probably

tagalog. the alphabet is not entirely the same but close.... it's easier because it has similarities with spanish. the way to conjugate verbs is roughly the same

tagalog, definitely LOL Japanese has so many nuances, it's crazy T_T I cried inside when I saw one of my friends' textbooks LOL

tagalor is easier. the pronounciation is according to it's spelling and we Filipinos use the English alphabet,

tagalog..

because the you read it through its spelling...

TAGALO..

Get a Kabhayaan - say Komastaka

He will teach and you will learn....

mandarin orange