Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 1 decade ago

which language is less difficult to learn, japanese or tagalog (phillipino)?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Tagalog is actually a dialect. It's a much more basic version of Filipino, which is the official language of the Philippines. Filipino has a lot more vocabulary and 'deep' words.

**Exluding the writing of Japanese characters:

Tagalog vs. Japanese --> Tagalog is easier

Filipino vs. Japanese ---> Probably the same level of difficulty [I speak Tagalog and have a hard time with Filipino!]

Overall, with speaking, grammar, writing, pronunciation, etc., Japanese would probably be the more difficult (the writing!!).

Source(s): Lived in the Philippines and went to school there for four years. That's how I learned Tagalog. I'm still working on my Filipino.
  • 1 decade ago

It's Tagalog since it's scripts are the same as english.

• 1 decade ago

Tagalog would be easier to learn. It is the most or if not more popular of the dialects in the Filipino language.

• 1 decade ago

Tagalog probably

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

tagalog. the alphabet is not entirely the same but close.... it's easier because it has similarities with spanish. the way to conjugate verbs is roughly the same

• 1 decade ago

tagalog, definitely LOL Japanese has so many nuances, it's crazy T_T I cried inside when I saw one of my friends' textbooks LOL

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

tagalor is easier. the pronounciation is according to it's spelling and we Filipinos use the English alphabet,

• 1 decade ago

tagalog..

because the you read it through its spelling...

• 1 decade ago

TAGALO..

Get a Kabhayaan - say Komastaka

He will teach and you will learn....

• 1 decade ago

mandarin orange

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.