Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetInternet · 1 decade ago

My computer randomly turns off, and refreshes/goes back a page in my internet browser? :S?

My computer turns off randomly, and when i'm surfing the internet sometimes it all of a sudden refreshes the page, or will go back to the previous page, or even close down the browser...

I'm running a virus scan now, but I havent downloaded anything that is suspicious lately...

What could be wrong? :S

Favorite Answer

You may be a victum of spyware.SOmeone may be hacking in and conroling you computer for you.As well if you are on a network someone else may be messingyou up by mistake.

The oply thing I know that would turn of you computer is ether spyware/Virus or may be you have gotten a windows update and if you did not click do not resstart my computer now it might have done it.As fare as the browser goes it is posible that there is some files on your PC that have been erased and it is causing it to mess up.I had that happen before where the browser kept closing.So you may want to make sure your operating system is installed right.try a non desructive restore or back up your important files and go through restore that should fix it.I would bet if it an't some kind of malware then you need to restore.If you need help on going through system restore then ask me.

the workstation is overheating because of the fact in fact the warmth sink and the fan that blows air onto it are grimy, and likewise because of the fact it has no longer been defragmented, so it has to paintings so lots extra sturdy to get a given interest executed. So close down the workstation, unplug the AC cord from the decrease back of it, unplug each and every thing else it quite is plugged into the decrease back, open the case, eliminate the little fan from the warmth sink - you would be wanting a small phillips head screwdriver - and clean the fan and clean the airborne dirt and dust and dirt off the warmth sink. Then positioned all of it decrease back at the same time. Then pass to start, All courses, upload-ons, gadget equipment, Disk Defragmenter, and defragment your tricky force. this is not mandatory to swap your followers, in straightforward terms to maintain them wiped clean. you will no longer likely loose your tricky force - your considerable board is outfitted to close your workstation right down to maintain your instruments while it over heats.

You definitely have a virus. Check to see if anyone else has been using your computer.