I'm trying to furnish a condo. Where can I get furniture (beds, couch, table, chairs, etc) at a cheap price.

• Jay S
    Favorite Answer

Target, Shopko, Big Lots....can't think of anything else right off hand. Target and Shopko have some pretty cool inexpensive furniture that looks pretty sheak. Big Lots....cheap cheap...um...well, there is also Gordmans that may have some inexpensive furniture. Also, if you check jcpenney.com for furniture, sometimes they throw their livingroom sets on sale.

Try what's called an "estate auction". This is just a sale where everything goes due to death or quite often, the seller is retiring or downsizing where they plan to live and just don't need all of the furniture anymore. The classifieds will usually have ads listed as such. Also, contact local auctioneers and ask about any sales like this that they have scheduled. They usually have handbills available for easy record keeping of what you'd like to bid on. Got a lot of antiques this way. Got my silverware this way for $12.00-service for 8. And I mean the real deal. Had it appraised at $1,100.00 a week later. Be patient and you can get some incredible deals. Smaller towns are great for these. Probably save several thousand over the years doing this.

db

Source(s): Personal experience.

You can always check to see if there is a listing for your city on Craig's List (most major cities and towns should have one). There are sections where local people are selling furniture for whatever reasons or giving them away free. Check thrift stores. You never know when some one may donate a gem of a piece of furniture. Last resort try a furniture outlet. Just be careful; sometimes the quality is not that great in those stores.

• Brin

Try thrift stores, Value Village, auctions and garage sales. You can also look in your local newpaper and bargainfinder ads. Most local auctions are online now so you don't have to go to the auction to see what they have. If you see something you like have a price you are willing to pay in mind before you go and don't get caught up in the bidding. I once totally furnished my daughters LR for a whooping $100. going to garage sales. I also believe in advertising for stuff for free on Freecycle. I got a really nice coffee table off their local site this summer for free. Rome was not built in a day take your time and save that cash.

Brin

How about free? Many of the larger areas have a freecycle going on. There are a lot of people out there who just want to get rid of stuff. Another place to look would be at the local college if there is one. College kids are always needing to get stuff cheap, or trying to get rid of the stuff they got cheap. Just look around on the bulletin boards for people getting rid of stuff. If those things don't work, there is always the classifieds in the newspaper and Goodwill.

The cheapest way is to ask everyone u know, people are always trying to get rid of stuff free or cheap, then I would try ur local charity store, u will be recycling, getting something cheap and probably different to the standard ikea stuff.

Also "hard rubbish" is a good time to grab stuff.

Source(s): Years of moving and needing to furnish a house.

i would try ikea, im not sure where you are located but go onto their website ikea.com and see if they have a location in your area. they have very cheap furniture thats not too bad. on their website you can have then send you a free catalog.