was the stingray that killed stev irwin killed also if not what was its fate?

I forgot and cant remeber I heard about it on the news and then I forgot

Favorite Answer

No. All attention was just on Steve, not the Stingray.

And, when a Stingray loses one of its barbs in an attack, it begins to grow a new one. Stingrays shed and re-grow their spines on a regular basis, so there's no reason to think it died as a result of the attack.

Last I heard, Judith Regan was trying to find the Stingray for a book deal... IF I DID IT...

No, it was not hunted down. It was left alone, just as steve would have wanted!

He wasn't bitten he was barbed. The stingray isn't a bee and it doesn't die after it barbs someone!

I presumed that the stingray can only bite once and then die, but would appreciate the proper answer now.

I am not sure either, I do want to know though too!!

• iroc

I would think not. Sting-rays are not rabid.

They didn't kill it, they left it alone